Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Namaste.


The compound word Sahasraaksha is taken from the vedic hymn Purusha Sukta, and it means "a thousand eyes". The intention was to inform the reader about my interest in various topics, ranging from religion to mythology to science and politics. I will pen down my thoughts about all these topics and more in due course.

Recently, my mother asked me for a Kannada translation of the epic Ramayana. We had an old book translated by RashtraKavi Kuvempu  at home, which was in a dilapidated condition and was no longer readable. My search took me all over the city of Bangalore and to various online bookstores. However, I could not find the translation I was looking for. I stumbled upon a translation of the Mahabharata and bought it instead. A few pages into the book, I was left disappointed and asking for a better translation. I grew up reading wonderful Kannada comic books such as Balamitra, Bombebane (My favorite) and Chandamama. Sadly, Bombemane is out of circulation now and the other two are full of ads and nothing like the wonderful stories I grew up reading. I therefore resolved I would do my bit and publish a blog compiling all the wonderful stories this great civilization of ours has to offer.

Due to a hectic lifestyle, most of my stories will be reproductions from elsewhere on the internet (Appropriately credited where due). Time permitting, I will also put up stories from my collection.

I hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy publishing it. Feedback is always welcome. If you have any suggestions for improvement or requests for particular stories, please drop in a comment and I shall strive to put it up as soon as possible. 

Om Tat Sat.


No comments:

Post a Comment